An explanation from the BDC

DK_Rhino
Registered users

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:12 pm

All the players on the ZF rust server more or less know about me and my clan. There have been some issues, rumors and a lot of misunderstandings happening. I will try to explain what happened, why it happened, and what is going to happen from here on and out. Furthermore, i will also give an explanation as to who the BDC are, and apologize for all of this.

When we were told that ZF would host a new rust server, we were all thrilled. We are all friends who enjoy playing the game, however we are a big group when one considers the server population. After we initially joined, we quickly got a base up and going and then our progress more or less took off. It all resulted in the opportunity to raid from day 1. This happened to Chubnorris and his friends on the server. After that, we talked to Rotary and DaZe, where we came to an agreement that we would not raid anybody until people were ready and had a fair chance.

After this deal, as far as i know, we didn't do anything that was against the rules. But a member of my clan build a small base close to Rotary's, which raised an alarm flag. They thought it could be a "fuck you" compound that we would use, once the truce was over. This however, was not the case. Only 1 person in my clan knew of that compound, the guy who build it. Rotary and the others decided to get rid of that compound. Now, both them, and us, did wrong. Only because we failed to communicate. It was a flaw on all ends.

This made tensions rise. Steam was rising and i tried to make a workable solution. Only, i also have a personal life. And to me, the clan is about having fun. I will deal with the issues, but i don't expect my guys to act like this is a company or something. This might be a wrong approach in some eyes, but it's what works for us.

Later on, it came to my attention that Rotary had been saying some negative things about us. I got mad about it, seeing as i thought we had done nothing wrong. That's why i did all the drama on the server, as well on the teamspeak. That was wrong of me. I should have been patient and taken it with Rotary himself. Instead i acted like a drama queen, and a child. I apologize for that.

I have now spoken to both DaZe and Rotary to sort these matters out. I had a good talk with Rotary, who seems to be a genuine great guy, and we sorted the disputes as good as we could.

Now, from here on, the future is not yet certain. I know that ZF are still trying to figure out wether they will whitelist the server or not. Furthermore, i will have a talk with the other leader of the BDC, Grudgr, where will figure out what our next move is, though it looks like we might leave the server. I have more or less told my clan that we are no longer holding back. But just to clarify, not holding back doesn't mean that we will shit on people. It simply means that we are now gonna play rust, as rust should be played. And this is only for a day or two, and then a conclusion from our (BDC) end will have been found.

Now, who are we? The BDC? We were initially a clan who played on the rusty gusset. It was more or less founded by DaZe, but after the gusset started to decline in active players, the clan died out. I did keep contact with some people, and after close to a year, i decided to revive the clan name, but this time i took charge. With 2 definitive leaders and a lot of new "members", we came to be again, though with most of the old clan not being part for various reasons. We are all close friends who know each other well and love playing this game together. But that is what we are. Friends. We are not a community, we are not an organisation and we are not well organized. And we like it this way. We have some greeks, some swedes, some danes and a single british guy (who is half swedish, huehue).
We play several games, but Rust is where we shine.

At the end of the day, i would like to apologize on behalf of my clan to every and anyone who have been affected negatively by all of this. This whole ordeal is a bummer.
I would like to personally thank Rotary for being a stand up guy, honest and willing to explain what happened.
I would also like to apologize to Chubnorris, Körsipp and the rest in that group. It was never our intention to drive you off the server. I hope that you will at the very least, accept my apology.
And last of all, i hope that this whole ordeal won't make you people think less of them, and of me. And remember all, it is just a game. I forgot that, and look what came out of that.

Yours

- Rhino
Yehu
Registered users

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:53 pm

Omg too much text
Tom
The Elite Four

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Dude fuck up chubb and rotary. wipe em off the map. Do it for me
Paltos
The Elite Four

Post Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:06 am

what is this autism..
Xmeagol
ZF

Post Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:54 am

there's deals now? dude one time soviet built a base next to mine and i raided it 5 times LOL

EDIT: also if you make a deal with chub or rotary you're clear to break it, no one cares and no one will ban you unless you hack or you annoy the admins. If you wanna leave, then go. You know the one thing i regretted when i was admin on the other one was listening to the big groups, every time i bent my ass over and did some change to favour them the server died a little faster, so we got this one, which is as close as the 2015 server as possible

SeemsGood!
Sheep
The Elite Four

Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:16 am

I had a good talk with Rotary, who seems to be a genuine great guy
I could't get past this sentence, can someone give me a Summary?
The_Duke
Registered users

Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:02 am

Sheep wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:16 am
Some sort of gay apology letter. Also he mentioned Rotary 8 times.
seb
Registered users

Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:31 am

The_Duke wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:02 am
Sheep wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:16 am
Some sort of gay apology letter. Also he mentioned Rotary 8 times.
Sounds like a crush?