Background picture isn't stretched in higher resolutions

You got a server you want us to host, or a fucking cool idea... Post it here... And who knows maybe someone will read it.

CyberBOT
Registered users

Post Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:24 pm

Hey fellas, when i view the forum, the background picture isn't stretched properly in resolutions higher than FHD (I'm guessing it's set to be FHD all the time, as it was strethed the same in all resolutions and you just see different portions of it)
Tried in 4k, 2k, FHD and some lower resolutions as well. Used Chrome, Firefox and Edge, results stayed the same.
What would probably fix the "issue" is adding background-size:100%;, or if you want to be sure the aspect ratio stays the same, use background-size: cover; (it can cut a part of the img away though).
The image quality would suffer at higher resolutions, so it is really your choice what to do.

P.S. I know this is nitpicking, but could a background-position: center; line be incorporated as well? It's really bothering my inner OCD-self.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
Paltos
The Elite Four

Post Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:48 pm

CyberBOT wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:24 pm
It's really bothering my inner OCD-self.
CyberBOT
Registered users

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:27 am

k
joink
Administrators

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 am

CyberBOT wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:24 pm
Hey fellas, when i view the forum, the background picture isn't stretched properly in resolutions higher than FHD (I'm guessing it's set to be FHD all the time, as it was strethed the same in all resolutions and you just see different portions of it)
Tried in 4k, 2k, FHD and some lower resolutions as well. Used Chrome, Firefox and Edge, results stayed the same.
What would probably fix the "issue" is adding background-size:100%;, or if you want to be sure the aspect ratio stays the same, use background-size: cover; (it can cut a part of the img away though).
The image quality would suffer at higher resolutions, so it is really your choice what to do.

P.S. I know this is nitpicking, but could a background-position: center; line be incorporated as well? It's really bothering my inner OCD-self.
Thank you, I will totally be looking into this for the very small amount of players who have uhd displays.

Many thanks
CyberBOT
Registered users

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:15 pm

joink wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 am

Thank you, I will totally be looking into this for the very small amount of players who have uhd displays.

Many thanks
Top kek
smoopmeister
Registered users

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:50 pm

CyberBOT wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:15 pm
Top kek
If you're running chrome, install freestyler. You can add your own css to pages, not the best interface to get to the css bit but meh.
When you do find it, add in

Code: Select all

html, body {
    background-repeat: repeat;
}
and add the domain for here (no http)

UWQHD ftw!
Poro
ZF

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 pm

smoopmeister wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:50 pm

If you're running chrome, install freestyler. You can add your own css to pages, not the best interface to get to the css bit but meh.
When you do find it, add in

Code: Select all

html, body {
    background-repeat: repeat;
}
and add the domain for here (no http)

UWQHD ftw!
Yeah dude, because the guy who hasn't posted a single time since he got BTFO'd still cares about his little first world HD background problems.

Fucking lock this shit, Joink, if you'd do me that favour.
RotaryGT
ZF

Post Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:42 am

I'm not Joink, but there is some necroposting here.

Locked.