Mod Suggestions

DigitalVagrant
Server Admins

Post Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Literally all of these are absurdly overpowered for a PvP server.
Vincent M. Graves
Registered users

Post Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:21 am

Teleports: This mod would make carryweight dinos pointless, as you could just put down a tele at each of your gathering spots and then one back at your base, you would only really need an OP battle dino one of each gathering dino and then whichever flying mount you like best. It would speed the game up way too much and there would be no reason to have outposts for your clan anymore. -1

Better Beacons: Ascendant saddles in any beacon sounds like a shit time, a level 3 should not be riding around using ascendant anything (I get that it would just be a phiomia saddle in a white drop but still.) -1

Dino Tracker: The transponder tracker already does this aside from the being able to find wild animals which I assume would never be added. Luck, Rng and Farming are all part of the game, being able to plop some numbers into a device to find a giga or a quetz sounds dumb to me. -1

Cross Aberration: If you want to play Aberration then play Aberration, those dinos were designed for that map, a lot of the tames will be useless outside of it, I get that having more dinos might seem better but most people only tame dinos that are useful to them. (I have no problem with this one but I don't see why you would want it.)

Weapons +: I don't 100% get everything this mod adds, it seems like it just just different ammo types or weapon varieties that have inherent ability to afflict mobs with certain status effects like on fire etc. I personally like the base game weapons so I would most likely still use them but I wouldn't give a rats arse if others were using this mod.
Tom
The Elite Four

Post Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 am

DoubleD
Registered users

Post Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:59 pm

DigitalVagrant
Server Admins

Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:38 am

Barring Wildcard coming to its senses, Classic Glider is getting added the moment I get back to my computer early next week.

Because this is honestly fucking atrocious.
N8sgr8
Registered users

Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:28 pm

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 264988068 changes tek armor to be radiation and spore resistant and makes it cross compatible with hazard suit (i.e. Tek helm, tek boots, hazard gloves, legs and shirt)
Shayd
Registered users

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:48 am

DigitalVagrant wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:04 pm
Because 5x Gathering Rate isn't?
Tom
The Elite Four

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:27 pm

I wouldnt consider it overpowered no. Why?Because our and dino weight doesnt increase 5 times. So this means the actual time to gather takes less time, but the trip getting there and back is the same. This also takes away from the unhealthy grind ark is, which benefits everybody.
DoubleD
Registered users

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:38 pm

Shayd wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:48 am
DigitalVagrant wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:04 pm
Because 5x Gathering Rate isn't?
Ark devs have said that they made the rates way too low to encourage pvp, since this server wierdly is some what friendly the 5x rates aren't that op. Plus to add what Tom said crafting speed is the same, smelting speed is the same so the gathering rates don't mean that much. And another thing, there's a difference between having easy resources and having op items.