Are hot dogs sandwiches?

Seriously, keep it legal in here. But talk about pretty much anything.

Fusiion
Registered users

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:58 am

I've over heard people say that hot dogs are sandwiches, I was like "are you a retard?", but a few days later I thought that if the bun breaks apart, would it count as a sandwiches?
kyppo
Registered users

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:48 am

That is actually an interesting question. I guess if the bun broke apart it would at least practically be a sandwich, unless there is a very specific definition of what a sandwich is.
- Because I can.
phyloym
Registered users

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:47 am

The oxford dictionary definition of a sandwich is:
An item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with a filling between them, eaten as a light meal.
Since hotdogs come in a bun, you still have a bun when it breaks. So no, Hotdogs are not sandwiches
kyppo
Registered users

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:58 am

phyloym wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:47 am
The oxford dictionary definition of a sandwich is:
An item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with a filling between them, eaten as a light meal.
Since hotdogs come in a bun, you still have a bun when it breaks. So no, Hotdogs are not sandwiches
I partially agree, but wouldn't you also say that buns are a type of bread?
- Because I can.
phyloym
Registered users

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:05 am

Nope, buns are buns, waffles are waffles, crepes are crepes and bread is bread..
Else you could argument that everything made of some kind of dough is bread. And I'd rather not have a sausage between two chocolate chip cookies.
Vincent M. Graves
Registered users

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:26 am

What about a roll or a sub? a bun is most definitely bread. I think it has to be designed to use two pieces of bread originally for it to be a sandwich, if your hot dog bun falls to bits that doesn't make it a sandwich.
mr.skipperdoo
Registered users

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:04 pm

You know those eclair where it’s cut down the middle and filled with creme? I think it more of a meat eclair.
Raw
Registered users

Post Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:42 pm

but buns are bread :V and hotdogs are a sandwich ;V what is so hard to understand ?
CyberBOT
Registered users

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:09 pm

a small, round piece of bread, used for a sandwich, or a small, round, sweet bread:
- Cambridge dictionary

I would say that based on this definition, a hotdog with the bun halves separated is technically a sandwich
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
Zaryxn
Registered users

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Its part of the sandwich family but it's definitely not a sandwich